Korean Words related to Religion
The followings are the Korean words related to religion. The four major religions in Singapore- Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism in the Korean language are written as follows. The Korean letter ‘교 [gyo]’ came from the Chinese letter 教 which means religion. Every name of religion ends with ‘교’ in Korean words. Religion, being the institution of teaching, ends with “교” 教 in the Korean language
Religions in Korean Language
- Religion is written as ‘종교’ and read as [chong-gyo] in Korean
- Buddhism is written as ‘불교’ and read as [pool-gyo] in Korean
- Christianity is written as ‘기독교’ and read as [kee-dok-gyo] in Korean
- Islam is written as ‘이슬람교’ and read as [yee-seul-lam-gyo] in Korean
- Hinduism is written as ‘힌두교’ and read as [heen-doo-gyo] in Korean
- Common expressions used in Korean classroom.
- Stroke Order for writing Hangeul – Consonants and Vowels
- Why you should learn the Korean Language?
- Korean Vocabs(Electronics) derived from English
- Your Korean Name from Chinese
- Things to know before travelling to Korea
- How to Study TOPIK in SEOUL Korean Language Centre
Check all Korean language courses of SEOUL Korean language Centre.
Register for a trial lesson.
Try our free online Korean alphabet course.
If you are not a beginner, test your level with online Korean placement test.
If you have any enquiry, contact Seoul Korean LC.